Assistant ProfessorBuilding: 24.31
+49 211 81-10292
By prior agreement.
- Since Sept 2019: Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship and Financing, Manchot-Graduate School for "Competitiveness of Young Enterprises", University of Düsseldorf; Adjunct Faculty, Mannheim Business School
- 2018-2019: Assistant Professor of Management, SolBridge International School of Business, Daejeon, South Korea.
- 2018 PhD (Dr. rer. pol.) in Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude), Thesis topic: "Essays on trust and online peer-to-peer markets"
- 2016-2018 research assistant, University of Mannheim, Chair for SME Research and Entrepreneurship (Prof. Dr. Michael Woywode)
- 2016 visiting scholar, University of California at Berkeley (TSRC)
- 2012-2016 research assistant, University of Mannheim, Business School (Dean's Office)
- 2011- Founder and CEO of the startup Tommoko® Crowdfunding
- 2009-2012 student assistant, then research assistant at the University of Heidelberg's Chair for Behavioral Economics (Prof. Dr. Christiane Schwieren)
- 2008 Consulting Trainee (SAP) at Accenture in Kronberg, Germany and London, U.K. for Lufthansa and Amadeus
- 2006 and 2007 Internships at Saatchi & Saatchi, Franfurt a.M., Germany (strategy)
- 2006 M.B.A., International Business (with distinction), Pace University, USA
- 2003 B.A., Economics, Bucknell University, Pennsylvania, USA
- 08/2023 Best Reviewer Award, Academy of Management (Entrepreneurship)
- 07/2023 Best Reviewer Award, Academy of Management (Organizations and the Natural Environment)
- 09/2022 Best Reviewer Award, Junior Management Science (Technology Management & Entrepreneurship)
- 08/2021 Best Paper Proceedings, Academy of Management (Entrepreneurship, together with Neuhaus, J. and Bostandzic., D.)
- 07/2021 Most Inspirational Paper Award Nomination, European Academy of Management (Entrepreneurship, together with Neuhaus, J. and Bostandzic., D.)
- 08/2020 Best Reviewer Award, Academy of Management (Technology & Innovation Management)
- 10/2019 Best Paper Award, IECER Entrepreneurship Conference, Utrecht (together with Ahrens, J.P., Istipliler, B. and Bort, S.)
- 09/2019 Best Reviewer Award, Academy of Management (Entrepreneurship)
- 04/2019 Best Paper Award, 4th International Family Research Forum (together with Ahrens, J.P., Istipliler, B. and Bort, S.)
- 09/2018 Best Reviewer Award, Academy of Management (Entrepreneurship)
- Istipliler, B.; Ahrens, J.P., Bort, S. and Isaak, A. (2023). Learning the Bias? How Successor Pre-Succession Firm Experience Affects Family Firm Performance. Journal of Business Research, Vol 167, 114179. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2023.114179
- Koster, S. and Isaak, A. (2023). Giving Neurotic Entrepreneurs Money to Save the World? An Analysis of US Equity Crowdfunding Projects. Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). RIP Paper 16. https://aisel.aisnet.org/ecis2023_rip/16/
- Theisen, M., Isaak, A. and Lutz, E. (2023). Family Corporate Venture Capital: Syndicate Partner Selection from the Perspective of Socio-Emotional Wealth (Summary). Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, forthcoming.
- Isaak, A., Schwieren, C., and Iida, A. (2022). Reaching Agreement on Contribution Behavior in different Cultures – a Public Goods Game with Representatives in Japan and Germany. Journal of Behavioural and Experimental Economics. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S2214804322000684
- Gruba, M. C., Denes, D., Lobo, R. C., Isaak, A. (2022). Circular Economy Initiatives: Strategic Implications, Resource Management, and Entrepreneurial Innovation in a Brazilian Craft Beer Ecosystem during the COVID Era. Sustainability. https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/14/19/11826
- Isaak, A.; Bort, S. and Woywode, M. (2021). Institutional Legitimacy and New Market Emergence: the Case of Bitcoin Trading. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS). https://aisel.aisnet.org/icis2021/fintech/fintech/9/
- Neuhaus, J.; Isaak, A. and Bostandzic, D. (2021). Success Lies in the Eye of the Beholder: Personality Traits, Negativity Bias and Equity Crowdfunding. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMBPP.2021.164
- Neuhaus, J.; Isaak, A. and Bostandzic, D. (2021). Million Dollar Personality: A Systematic Literature Review of Personality in Crowdfunding. Management Review Quarterly. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11301-021-00242-9
- Neuhaus, J.; Isaak, A. and Bostandzic, D. (2021). Implicit Personality and Big Five Traits in Equity Crowdfunding. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS). https://aisel.aisnet.org/icis2021/fintech/fintech/4/
- Isaak, A.; Neuhaus, J. and Bostandzic, D. (2021). Perceived Personality Signals in Equity Crowdfunding of Technology Ventures (Summary). Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research. Vol. 41.
- Isaak, A. and Bort, S. (2020). The Global Dynamics Of Cryptocurrencies: An Institutional Perspective Based On National-Level Perceptions Of Corruption, Voice And Accountability (Summary). Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, Vol. 40 (2).
- Isaak, A. and Lobo, R. (2020). Technology Forecasting and Corporate Strategy in Latin America. Academy of Management Global Proceedings. Vol. Mexico. No. 2020.
- Istipliler, B., Ahrens, J.-P., Bort, S. and Isaak, A. (2020). Learning the Bias? How Pre-Successor Firm Experience Affects Family Firm Performance. Proceedings of the 2020 Academy of Management Conference https://journals.aom.org/doi/abs/10.5465/AMBPP.2020.17032abstract
- Selasinsky, C. Isaak, A. (2020): It's all in the (Sub-)title? Expanding Signal Evaluation in Crowdfunding Research, In: Proceedings of the European Conference on Information System (ECIS). Research-in-Progress Papers. 56. https://aisel.aisnet.org/ecis2020_rip/56
- Ahrens, J.P.; Isaak, A.; Istipliler, B., Steininger, D. (2019). The Star Citizen Phenomenon & the "Ultimate Dream Management Technique in Crowdfunding". Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS). https://aisel.aisnet.org/icis2019/crowds_social/crowds_social/7/
- Isaak, A. (2019). A Resource-Based Perspective on Refugee Start-up Consulting in Germany. Academy of Management Global Proceedings, Vol. Tel Aviv., Jan 28th, 2019. Doi: 10.5465/amgblproc.telaviv.2018.0315.abs
- Isaak, A.; Bort, S. (2019). Legitimacy, Government Regulations and New Market Emergence: The Role of Institutional Voids, Corruption and Trust in the Market for Bitcoin Trading. Proceedings of the 2019 Academy of Management Conference, Boston, MA. 10.5465/AMBPP.2019.11641abstract
- Isaak, A. (2019). Essays on Trust in Online Peer-to-Peer Markets. University of Mannheim (Dissertation).